According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced yesterday that India will build a Gandhi Heritage Centre at a sacred site in Uganda where a portion of Mahatma Gandhi's ashes was immersed to pay homage to the towering leader's universal and timeless values of life and the story of India's own freedom struggle is closely linked to Africa.
Modi said "As we approach the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, there can be no better homage than a Centre to remind us of Africa's role in shaping his mission that even inspired Africa to freedom and justice; and the universal and timeless values of his life and message”. Furthermore at the sacred site in Jinja, 85 kilometre from Kampala, where a statue of Gandhiji now stands, we will build a Gandhi Heritage Centre”.
Moreover Modi, the first Indian prime minister to address the Parliament
of Uganda, said for India, Gandhi was more than just the 21 years that he
spent in Africa, or the First Non-Cooperation Movement he led and the moral
principles of independence movement, or the peaceful means to pursue it, were
not just confined to the boundaries of India or to the future of Indians and it
was a universal quest for liberty, dignity, equality and opportunity for every
human being and did it apply more than in Africa”.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018