Hyderabad sources added that researchers at the Indian Institute of Public Health, Hyderabad (IIPH-H) are presently working on a drone delivery system for medical products which is expected to be time and cost effective compared to transportation by road. Accordingly Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator and Health Informatics, IIPH, Suresh Munuswamy told the Digital Drone based Real Time Advanced Medical Modular logistics system (2 DREAM) model envisages delivering medical products to the point of need or utilization on a drone.
He said the medical products include blood samples, vaccines, and medicines. Meanwhile Munuswamy said the institute is working on developing the design of the drone (suitable for the purpose), the specifications, including the distance the drone is supposed to travel, and the approximate size of the payload i.e. carrying capacity of the drone.
He said "We are working on and one is coming out with specifications,
second is working on the design part, third is looking for partners who
actually have these technologies and bring them together”. Furthermore the
specifications are needed as there are drones which travel varied distances. Moreover
the medical products are proposed to be carried in a modular purpose built
digital carrier box where temperature and the payload carried is maintained,
monitored and recorded continuously.
HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan' According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy would meet the public at his home office in the city centre only once in a month, instead every week. An official said on Thursday "Doctors have advised him to meet people once a month”. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy, 58, who underwent
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees