Jio institute has not been given the tag of Institution of Eminence but has only been given the letter of intent, after imposing several conditions. In Rajya Sabha's Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha, some members demanded explanation and the reasoning behind this Eminence tag given to several institutions.
The HRD minister Prakash Javadekar explained that institutions were selected after extensive scrutiny by an expert committee, while also adding that Jio institute was not bestowed tag of institution of eminence. Some of the other well known institutions chosen include Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Mumbai campus.
Among the institutes given letter of
intent and recommended were the popular Birla Institute of Technological
Sciences, Pilani, Jio institute and Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Manipal, said the HR minister Prakash Javadekar.
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack