Jio institute has not been given the tag of Institution of Eminence but has only been given the letter of intent, after imposing several conditions. In Rajya Sabha's Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha, some members demanded explanation and the reasoning behind this Eminence tag given to several institutions.
The HRD minister Prakash Javadekar explained that institutions were selected after extensive scrutiny by an expert committee, while also adding that Jio institute was not bestowed tag of institution of eminence. Some of the other well known institutions chosen include Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Mumbai campus.
Among the institutes given letter of
intent and recommended were the popular Birla Institute of Technological
Sciences, Pilani, Jio institute and Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Manipal, said the HR minister Prakash Javadekar.
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?