Chennai sources stated that An AIADMK delegation led by Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam on Thursday called on ailing DMK president M Karunanidhi at his residence here. A bulletin issued by Kauvery Hospital Executive Director Dr Aravindan Selvaraj earlier said "There has been a slight decline in the health of DMK president M Karunanidhi due to age-related ailments".
Meanwhile Panneerselvam along with other ministers visited the DMK chief's residence. Panneerselvam's cabinet colleague D Jayakumar said it was political decency for the ruling party to visit Karunanidhi's residence, adding that a DMK delegation visited the Apollo hospitals here when former chief minister J Jayalalitha was undergoing treatment in 2016. Reports added Senior DMK leaders, including Duraimurugan and T R Baalu, were also present during the meeting. In a letter to party workers, Karunanidhi's son and DMK working president M K Stalin said, "Let us celebrate the golden jubilee of our leader assuming office as party chief."
Stalin said "Our beloved" leader
shouldered the responsibility of heading the party as its president on July 27,
1969 after the death of DMK founder leader C N Annadurai. Moreover the 94 year
old leader is currently being treated for fever due to urinary tract infection
with intravenous antibiotics and fluids.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!