Chennai sources stated that An AIADMK delegation led by Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam on Thursday called on ailing DMK president M Karunanidhi at his residence here. A bulletin issued by Kauvery Hospital Executive Director Dr Aravindan Selvaraj earlier said "There has been a slight decline in the health of DMK president M Karunanidhi due to age-related ailments".
Meanwhile Panneerselvam along with other ministers visited the DMK chief's residence. Panneerselvam's cabinet colleague D Jayakumar said it was political decency for the ruling party to visit Karunanidhi's residence, adding that a DMK delegation visited the Apollo hospitals here when former chief minister J Jayalalitha was undergoing treatment in 2016. Reports added Senior DMK leaders, including Duraimurugan and T R Baalu, were also present during the meeting. In a letter to party workers, Karunanidhi's son and DMK working president M K Stalin said, "Let us celebrate the golden jubilee of our leader assuming office as party chief."
Stalin said "Our beloved" leader
shouldered the responsibility of heading the party as its president on July 27,
1969 after the death of DMK founder leader C N Annadurai. Moreover the 94 year
old leader is currently being treated for fever due to urinary tract infection
with intravenous antibiotics and fluids.
India moving towards 5G: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s telecom sector has revived from its period of “darkness” and are among the fastest growing sectors in the country. Meanwhile when speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the India International Convention and Expo Centre here
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD