Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump slammed Twitter for "shadow banning" some Republicans in search results on the micro-blogging platform. Trump tweeted "Shadow Banning" prominent Republicans, Not good and they will look into this discriminatory and illegal practice at once many complaints".
Meanwhile the tweet came a day after Vice News reported that Republican Party chair Ronna McDaniel, several conservative Republican congressmen and Donald Trump Jr.'s spokesperson stopped showing up in Twitter's auto-populated drop down search box. Accordingly Twitter is limiting the visibility of prominent Republicans in search results a technique known as "shadow banning" in what it says is a side effect of its attempts to improve the quality of discourse on the platform".
Moreover a Twitter spokesperson told vice "We
are aware that some accounts are not automatically populating in our search box
and shipping a change to address this". Furthermore after Trump's
tweet, Twitter shares slipped 3.2 per cent to $42.79 in early trading, Fortune
reported. Trump has 53.3 million followers on the micro-blogging platform.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code