Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President Uttam Kumar Reddy announced that his party extended complete support to the ongoing nationwide truckers strike. Meanwhile the Congress top leader in an announcement urged the Centre and State governments to take immediate steps to end the strike. His announcement read "The Centre and State should immediately hold discussions and come to terms with the demands of the truckers”.
Earlier on June 20, the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) went on an indefinite nationwide strike to protest against the government on various issues, including a demand to reduce prices of petrol and diesel by rationalizing taxes in accordance with the international market. Moreover nearly 93 lakh trucks and other goods vehicles are participating in the strike, causing a major disruption in the movement of goods across the country.
Uttam observed "During the UPA government, the third party insurance was Rs 18,000, while the present government is charging Rs 47,000 per vehicle". Moreover the Telangana Congress Chief urged the government to consider the truckers association's demand to allow toll-free transport on National Highways and the Centre should ensure that road tax paid in Telangana or Andhra Pradesh is made applicable in both the states.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?