Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President Uttam Kumar Reddy announced that his party extended complete support to the ongoing nationwide truckers strike. Meanwhile the Congress top leader in an announcement urged the Centre and State governments to take immediate steps to end the strike. His announcement read "The Centre and State should immediately hold discussions and come to terms with the demands of the truckers”.
Earlier on June 20, the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) went on an indefinite nationwide strike to protest against the government on various issues, including a demand to reduce prices of petrol and diesel by rationalizing taxes in accordance with the international market. Moreover nearly 93 lakh trucks and other goods vehicles are participating in the strike, causing a major disruption in the movement of goods across the country.
Uttam observed "During the UPA government, the third party insurance was Rs 18,000, while the present government is charging Rs 47,000 per vehicle". Moreover the Telangana Congress Chief urged the government to consider the truckers association's demand to allow toll-free transport on National Highways and the Centre should ensure that road tax paid in Telangana or Andhra Pradesh is made applicable in both the states.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!