Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President Uttam Kumar Reddy announced that his party extended complete support to the ongoing nationwide truckers strike. Meanwhile the Congress top leader in an announcement urged the Centre and State governments to take immediate steps to end the strike. His announcement read "The Centre and State should immediately hold discussions and come to terms with the demands of the truckers”.
Earlier on June 20, the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) went on an indefinite nationwide strike to protest against the government on various issues, including a demand to reduce prices of petrol and diesel by rationalizing taxes in accordance with the international market. Moreover nearly 93 lakh trucks and other goods vehicles are participating in the strike, causing a major disruption in the movement of goods across the country.
Uttam observed "During the UPA government, the third party insurance was Rs 18,000, while the present government is charging Rs 47,000 per vehicle". Moreover the Telangana Congress Chief urged the government to consider the truckers association's demand to allow toll-free transport on National Highways and the Centre should ensure that road tax paid in Telangana or Andhra Pradesh is made applicable in both the states.
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee