According to sources Karnataka government has ordered the formation of anti-drug trafficking committees in all educational institutions across the state within a period of one week. Meanwhile the Deputy CM G Parameshwara, who also holds the Home portfolio, took the decision after meeting senior policemen from across the state in Bengaluru and has also asked the Education Department to issue a circular in this regard.
Accordingly the anti-drug committees will be set up in line with the anti-ragging committees, which have been set up to lower incidents of ragging across the country. Moreover in addition to officials of the school or college administration, local police officials and public representatives will also be a part of the drug panel.
As per report Nina Nayak, renowned child rights
activist and the former Chairperson of Karnataka State Commission for
Protection of Child Rights, has welcomed the move. Moreover in
June, on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit
Trafficking, the Karnataka government had also launched a state
government helpline (1098) to report drug abuse.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar