According to sources Karnataka government has ordered the formation of anti-drug trafficking committees in all educational institutions across the state within a period of one week. Meanwhile the Deputy CM G Parameshwara, who also holds the Home portfolio, took the decision after meeting senior policemen from across the state in Bengaluru and has also asked the Education Department to issue a circular in this regard.
Accordingly the anti-drug committees will be set up in line with the anti-ragging committees, which have been set up to lower incidents of ragging across the country. Moreover in addition to officials of the school or college administration, local police officials and public representatives will also be a part of the drug panel.
As per report Nina Nayak, renowned child rights
activist and the former Chairperson of Karnataka State Commission for
Protection of Child Rights, has welcomed the move. Moreover in
June, on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit
Trafficking, the Karnataka government had also launched a state
government helpline (1098) to report drug abuse.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day