Johannesburg sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral meetings with presidents of Argentina and Angola on the sidelines of the BRICS Summit and discussed ways to boost ties, including in areas of energy and agriculture. Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted a photograph of Prime Minister Modi and Angolan President Joao Lourenco together at the start of the talks.
"Bilateral meetings continue for PM Narendra Modi in Johannesburg, with the President of Angola Joao Lourenco. Mr. Kumar said in the tweet “Discussed intensifying relations in trade and investment, agriculture & food processing, pharma, oil and natural gas. IndiaatBRICS".
Meanwhile India and Angola have traditionally
enjoyed friendly ties. India supported the Angolan freedom struggle against the
Portuguese colonial rule till it attained independence in 1975. India has
become the third largest trading partner of Angola, sharing about 15 per cent
of that country's external trade. Moreover Angola remained the second largest
source of crude oil for India, after Nigeria, in the Sub-Saharan Africa,
according to information available on the MEA website and there are estimated
4,000 people of Indian origin in Angola holding passports of different
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post