Chennai sources stated that Railways Claims Tribunal on Friday announced compensation to the families of the victims as well as those injured in the accident at St Thomas Mount station in Chennai. Meanwhile according to reports, the Chennai bench of the Tribunal took suo motu cognizance of the accident and awarded Rs 8 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to those who were injured.
As per report this is the first time that the Railways have paid compensation without the families sending an application in this regard. Moreover in a press release, the bench also said that applications can be filed with the details of the dependents and that a flexible approach will be taken in allowing amendments to the applications.
Reports added that four persons were killed and several others injured
after hitting a concrete fence when they were travelling on the foot board of a
suburban train. Moreover the railways, later in a press statement, said that
the bags of the passengers hit against the Railway cement fence, which made
them fall down. Earlier the Commissioner of Railway Safety, KA Manoharan,
inspected the spot on July 25 and said that an inquiry would be held in
the office of the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) on July 30.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!