Chennai sources stated that Railways Claims Tribunal on Friday announced compensation to the families of the victims as well as those injured in the accident at St Thomas Mount station in Chennai. Meanwhile according to reports, the Chennai bench of the Tribunal took suo motu cognizance of the accident and awarded Rs 8 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to those who were injured.
As per report this is the first time that the Railways have paid compensation without the families sending an application in this regard. Moreover in a press release, the bench also said that applications can be filed with the details of the dependents and that a flexible approach will be taken in allowing amendments to the applications.
Reports added that four persons were killed and several others injured
after hitting a concrete fence when they were travelling on the foot board of a
suburban train. Moreover the railways, later in a press statement, said that
the bags of the passengers hit against the Railway cement fence, which made
them fall down. Earlier the Commissioner of Railway Safety, KA Manoharan,
inspected the spot on July 25 and said that an inquiry would be held in
the office of the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) on July 30.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million