According to sources Iraqi Airways has suspended two of its pilots for getting into a fight over a food tray during an international flight with more than 150 passengers on board. Meanwhile the row erupted on a flight to the capital Baghdad from the Iranian city of Mashhad, with 157 travelers on board plus crew.
The co-pilot said in a letter addressed to Iraqi Airways management, seen by AFP that "Conversation with the pilot became heated because he forbade an air hostess from bringing him a meal tray, under the pretext that he hadn't asked him for authorization”. Moreover according to the letter after the pilot had taken his own meal, he "hit and insulted (the co-pilot), prompting the arrival of a security agent". Furthermore the duo went on to land the plane safely in Baghdad, only to continue their quarrel after landing.
Iraqi Airways said "The transport ministry has opened an
investigation with the two pilots who argued with each other in-flight". Moreover
both have been suspended, the airline said, warning that the two employees
"will not escape the toughest sanctions such as a lifetime flying
ban". Further the Iraqis responded with horror and mockery to the incident
on social media, with one person likening the duo to the country's minibus
drivers who are renowned for racing around at full throttle.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers