Hyderabad sources added that According to Legal Metrology department, selling packaged goods at prices more than MRP was illegal and violation of rules would result in penalty and imprisonment. Meanwhile the Controller for Legal Metrology Department Akun Sabharwal told reporters the department will carry out special raids and checks in Hyderabad and across the state from August 2.
Moreover in the wake of several complaints on cinema halls and Multiplexes selling food items and beverages more than MRP, Sabharwal yesterday conducted a review meeting on MRP violation and implementation of new guidelines to be followed from August 1. Furthermore the department also decided to take strict action against cinema halls to control sale of food items at higher prices and special orders have been issued to make transactions on specified rates only.
He added that “Every business or service or
entertainment intended for consumers should be legal and authorized and if any
consumer faces loss Theatre owners will be held responsible and serious action
would be taken”. Moreover according to the Legal Meterology Department Act,
manufacturers should print product name, address, manufacturing date, expiry
date, weight and MRP with customer care number on the packaged item. Hence rate
should be same in theatres also as are in open market.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open