Hyderabad sources added that According to Legal Metrology department, selling packaged goods at prices more than MRP was illegal and violation of rules would result in penalty and imprisonment. Meanwhile the Controller for Legal Metrology Department Akun Sabharwal told reporters the department will carry out special raids and checks in Hyderabad and across the state from August 2.
Moreover in the wake of several complaints on cinema halls and Multiplexes selling food items and beverages more than MRP, Sabharwal yesterday conducted a review meeting on MRP violation and implementation of new guidelines to be followed from August 1. Furthermore the department also decided to take strict action against cinema halls to control sale of food items at higher prices and special orders have been issued to make transactions on specified rates only.
He added that “Every business or service or
entertainment intended for consumers should be legal and authorized and if any
consumer faces loss Theatre owners will be held responsible and serious action
would be taken”. Moreover according to the Legal Meterology Department Act,
manufacturers should print product name, address, manufacturing date, expiry
date, weight and MRP with customer care number on the packaged item. Hence rate
should be same in theatres also as are in open market.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?