New Delhi sources stated that with former cricket captain Imran Khan all set to become Prime Minister of Pakistan, India on Saturday said it hoped the new Pakistani government would work towards building a “secure South Asia free of terror and violence”. Recently India’s veiled message was clear that Mr. Khan or whoever takes charge in Islamabad as head of the civilian government will have to seriously address the problem of terrorism sponsored by the Pakistani establishment (the Pakistan Army and ISI) if there is to be any hope of a dialogue between the two neighbors.
Meanwhile in its brief statement, New Delhi effectively sought to convey that its core issue when dealing with Pakistan was the issue of terror emanating from the soil of Pakistan or territory controlled by it. Furthermore there was no direct reference by India to Mr. Khan’s offer on Thursday of a dialogue or his reference to Kashmir being the “core issue” between the two countries. Moreover Mr. Khan who is seen as the favorite of the Pakistani Army and ISI is yet to be sworn in as Prime Minister.
Accordingly his political party, the Pakistan
Tehreek-e-Insaaf, has emerged with the largest number of seats in the National
Assembly among all political parties but is short of a majority on its own. Moreover
soon after the election results were out, he had said that Pakistan was ready
to move two steps ahead in a dialogue if only India took just a step forward.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy