According to sources the Director of Matriculation Schools has issued a circular to the Chief Education Officers (CEOs) of all the districts in Tamilnadu saying that no school management could compel parents to pay capitation fee by giving out bare threats. Meanwhile S Kannappan, the Director of Matriculation Schools directed the CEOs to keep an eye on the schools and that any attempt made by educational institutions to extort money from the parents must be thwarted.
Accordingly Tamilnadu Private Schools (Regulations) Act, 1973, empowers the government to intervene when schools exploit parents. Moreover he also said that no private school, no class or course can be closed without obtaining prior approval of the competent authority and also added that before closing down a school, the management should make arrangements for the students to complete their education.
The circular read as per reports “CEOs are requested to apprise
educational agencies that it is not that easy to close a private school because
all the schools are run by societies or trusts governed by acts or rules. Furthermore
it involves a cumbersome process and a lot of preparatory work which an
educational agency, a charitable society or trust has to do to effect closure”. Recently
the law also provides protection to parents and students of private schools
against unfair activities like demanding capitation fee over and above the
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?