Applicants aiming for a Visa to countries like US, UK, Singapore and Australian have been alarmed to be careful of what they post on their social media accounts. As per a recent report, it has been revealed that officials of the Immigration and Border security officials of the mentioned countries are constantly watching and tracking social media profiles of the applicants of Visa, to verify the authenticity of the data given by the candidates in their visa applications.
The report also revealed that this verification of visa applicants via social media was not just to identify discrepancies in information given to immigration officials, but also to help identify if there's any link to terrorist outfits or extremist organizations. Sharing of an article against the sentiments of the country for which a person has applied visa will be considered as hate speech, following which Visa can be rejected.
In countries like US, electronic
devices like mobile phones and laptop will be scrutinized prior to Visa
confirmation. However as per information from British High Commission in
India, Indians will get UK visa for studying purpose without issues.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!