Chennai sources reported that In an initiative to provide better facilities for bus commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) is gearing up to construct modernized bus depots in the city. Meanwhile MTC plans to take up such works in a phased manner and five main depots will soon be identified to undertake works in the first phase.
Furthermore as per report the city and suburbs has a total number of 32 depots and almost half of the depots lack basic amenities such as drinking water and toilets. Moreover during monsoon season, commuters have a tough time as many depots get waterlogged. A Manimaran, a private firm employee said "He is a regular commuter of MTC bus and as far as he knows, no bus depot has drinking water supply. Moreover at a time when many passengers prefer MTC buses, the officials concerned should sense the fact and at least renovate the depots by providing basic facilities”.
Accordingly if MTC constructs modernized depots and
suggested that in a big city like Chennai, public transport should be
convenient for commuters. Even MTC staff working in depots complained about
poor facilities in the depot. Furthermore when contacted by DC, a senior MTC
official confirmed the renovation works and when asked about cost of works, the
official replied “we will come to know everything after preparation of a
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome