Chennai sources reported that In an initiative to provide better facilities for bus commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) is gearing up to construct modernized bus depots in the city. Meanwhile MTC plans to take up such works in a phased manner and five main depots will soon be identified to undertake works in the first phase.
Furthermore as per report the city and suburbs has a total number of 32 depots and almost half of the depots lack basic amenities such as drinking water and toilets. Moreover during monsoon season, commuters have a tough time as many depots get waterlogged. A Manimaran, a private firm employee said "He is a regular commuter of MTC bus and as far as he knows, no bus depot has drinking water supply. Moreover at a time when many passengers prefer MTC buses, the officials concerned should sense the fact and at least renovate the depots by providing basic facilities”.
Accordingly if MTC constructs modernized depots and
suggested that in a big city like Chennai, public transport should be
convenient for commuters. Even MTC staff working in depots complained about
poor facilities in the depot. Furthermore when contacted by DC, a senior MTC
official confirmed the renovation works and when asked about cost of works, the
official replied “we will come to know everything after preparation of a
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues