New Delhi sources stated that there is good news for taxpayers as the deadline to file income tax returns (ITR) has been extended by a month. Recently the finance ministry in a tweet announced the extension of ITR filling deadline by a month to August 31, 2018. Meanwhile the tweet says "Upon consideration of the matter, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extends the ‘Due Date’ for filing of Income Tax Returns from 31st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018 in respect of the said categories of taxpayers."
Furthermore until last assessment year (AY) there was no penalty for filing belated income tax returns and however, this penalty is applicable from AY 2018-19. Further a new section 234F was inserted by the government in the Income Tax Act. Moreover as per this section, an individual would have to pay a fee of up to Rs 10,000 for filing income tax return after the due dates specified in section 139(1) of the Act.
Reports added tax experts say that as per the
amendments made in the Finance Act 2017, taxpayers are liable to pay a fee of
Rs 5,000, if their tax return for the financial year 2017-18 is filed after the
return filing deadline but before December 31, 2018. The fee payable will
increase to Rs 10,000, if the tax return is filed on or after January 1, 2019
and moreover if the total income of the taxpayer is less than Rs 5,00,000, the
fee amount shall not exceed Rs 1,000.
Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi! The former leader of Vishwa Hindu Parishad Praveen Togadia has said that during his 43 year long friendship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi he had never seen him selling tea. RSS leader Bhaiyaji Ghosh had said that at least for 5 years of Modi's rule. The lord ram temple at Ayodhya won't be constructed.
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!