New Delhi sources stated that there is good news for taxpayers as the deadline to file income tax returns (ITR) has been extended by a month. Recently the finance ministry in a tweet announced the extension of ITR filling deadline by a month to August 31, 2018. Meanwhile the tweet says "Upon consideration of the matter, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extends the ‘Due Date’ for filing of Income Tax Returns from 31st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018 in respect of the said categories of taxpayers."
Furthermore until last assessment year (AY) there was no penalty for filing belated income tax returns and however, this penalty is applicable from AY 2018-19. Further a new section 234F was inserted by the government in the Income Tax Act. Moreover as per this section, an individual would have to pay a fee of up to Rs 10,000 for filing income tax return after the due dates specified in section 139(1) of the Act.
Reports added tax experts say that as per the
amendments made in the Finance Act 2017, taxpayers are liable to pay a fee of
Rs 5,000, if their tax return for the financial year 2017-18 is filed after the
return filing deadline but before December 31, 2018. The fee payable will
increase to Rs 10,000, if the tax return is filed on or after January 1, 2019
and moreover if the total income of the taxpayer is less than Rs 5,00,000, the
fee amount shall not exceed Rs 1,000.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan