New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday declined the Centre's offer to place on record the report of Justice B N Srikrishna committee on "data protection" for the perusal of the five judge Constitution bench, which had reserved the verdict on pleas challenging the validity of Aadhaar. Meanwhile a five judge bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, on May 10, had reserved the verdict on the pleas challenging the constitutional validity of Centre's flagship Aadhaar scheme and its enabling 2016 law after a hearing that had gone for 38 days.
Accordingly Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Centre, on Monday told the bench comprising CJI Misra and Justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud that the Justice Srikrishna committee has recently submitted the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018 and its report and the Centre can submit it if the court wishes so. The CJI said after consulting justices Khanwilkar and Chandrachud who were also part of the Constitution bench that had heard the pleas against Aadhaar "He do not think that it is required”.
Moreover the Personal Data Protection Bill and
the report have been submitted by the Justice Srikrishna panel recently to the
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Further the committee has
suggested measures to be taken when it comes to protecting the personal
information of citizens, the role and duties of data processors and the rights
BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll Hyderabad sources made a statement that lawlessness prevails in AP as police and politicians trade in accusations and counter accusations, stated the BJP. Meanwhile Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader Mr. Vishnuvardhan Reddy said that AP was fit to go for early polls as there was a breakdown of constitutional machinery
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!