New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday declined the Centre's offer to place on record the report of Justice B N Srikrishna committee on "data protection" for the perusal of the five judge Constitution bench, which had reserved the verdict on pleas challenging the validity of Aadhaar. Meanwhile a five judge bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, on May 10, had reserved the verdict on the pleas challenging the constitutional validity of Centre's flagship Aadhaar scheme and its enabling 2016 law after a hearing that had gone for 38 days.
Accordingly Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Centre, on Monday told the bench comprising CJI Misra and Justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud that the Justice Srikrishna committee has recently submitted the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018 and its report and the Centre can submit it if the court wishes so. The CJI said after consulting justices Khanwilkar and Chandrachud who were also part of the Constitution bench that had heard the pleas against Aadhaar "He do not think that it is required”.
Moreover the Personal Data Protection Bill and
the report have been submitted by the Justice Srikrishna panel recently to the
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Further the committee has
suggested measures to be taken when it comes to protecting the personal
information of citizens, the role and duties of data processors and the rights
Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage? As per report Telugu Rebel star Prabhas has carved a niche for himself with his impressive performance in countless films of his, including Mirchi, Baahubali and few others. Meanwhile speculation regarding Prabhas marriage has been doing the rounds since a long time. Presently his fans and audiences are desperately waiting to hear about his wedding. Furthermore some sources claim that Prabhas wedding will happen in 2019.
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!