According to sources in a renewed attempt to curb plastic menace in Bengaluru, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has decided to slap a Rs 500 fine on consumers if spotted with a plastic bag in the city. Meanwhile for subsequent violations, users will be fined Rs 1,000. Earlier an official of the BBMP said although the ban of plastic below 40 microns was announced in 2015, the Palike has been enforcing it only since World Environment Day (June 5).
As per report previously, only commercial establishments were raided and penalized. Furthermore the BBMP has been on an overdrive three years after it had officially introduced a blanket ban on plastics. Earlier on July 26, a total of 1.5 lakh tonnes of plastics were seized by officials from retail outlets located in Avenue Road, KR Market and Neelasandra. Moreover Palike had imposed fines of Rs 10,000 on small vendors and up to Rs 1 lakh on large businesses for using plastic despite the ban.
Reports stated that the BBMP is planning to build
an integrated portal and hire contract based junior health inspectors, who will
be armed with handheld devices at the ward level, to issue receipts of fine and
also record incidents and photographs of violation along with a timestamp. Furthermore
on July 9, Karnataka Deputy CM and Bengaluru Development Minister G
Parameshwara had warned that establishments using plastic will lose their trade
licenses if they are found violating the plastic ban.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open