Accordingly as per the policy note laid by P.Thangamani, minister for Electricity, Prohibition and Excise in the Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly, as on March 31, 2018, revenue to Tasmac was Rs 26,794 crore during 2017-18. According to the minister, this is Rs 200 crore less than the revenue, which was Rs 26,995 crore during 2016-17 and this is due to reduction in tax due to certain amendments made in the tax structure.
According to report revenue through excise tax was Rs 6,009 crores during 2017-18 and through sales tax Rs 20,784 crore. Moreover there are 3,866 Tasmac retail outlets now in the state and 1,456 bars. Hence a total of 26,463 employees work in the cadres of supervisors and salesmen, says the policy note and government collected Rs 1.61 crore as export fee in 2017-18 by selling to other states.
Presently Tasmac revenue has been steadily
increasing from 2002-2003. Revenue in that year was Rs 2,828.09 crore and it
touched Rs 6,086.95 crore during 2005-06. Furthermore in Thanjavur district,
there were 179 shops and as many as 55 shops were closed. Presently there are
138 shops. Moreover after the closure of some shops, their staff has been
posted to existing shops and hence now some shops have seven employees against
three per shop.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees