Accordingly as per the policy note laid by P.Thangamani, minister for Electricity, Prohibition and Excise in the Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly, as on March 31, 2018, revenue to Tasmac was Rs 26,794 crore during 2017-18. According to the minister, this is Rs 200 crore less than the revenue, which was Rs 26,995 crore during 2016-17 and this is due to reduction in tax due to certain amendments made in the tax structure.
According to report revenue through excise tax was Rs 6,009 crores during 2017-18 and through sales tax Rs 20,784 crore. Moreover there are 3,866 Tasmac retail outlets now in the state and 1,456 bars. Hence a total of 26,463 employees work in the cadres of supervisors and salesmen, says the policy note and government collected Rs 1.61 crore as export fee in 2017-18 by selling to other states.
Presently Tasmac revenue has been steadily
increasing from 2002-2003. Revenue in that year was Rs 2,828.09 crore and it
touched Rs 6,086.95 crore during 2005-06. Furthermore in Thanjavur district,
there were 179 shops and as many as 55 shops were closed. Presently there are
138 shops. Moreover after the closure of some shops, their staff has been
posted to existing shops and hence now some shops have seven employees against
three per shop.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code