New Delhi sources stated that days after TRAI chief's Aadhaar dare created a flutter, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had asked people not to share publicly their 12 digit identifier on the Internet and social media, or pose such challenges to others. UIDAI said in a statement "Such activities are uncalled for and should be refrained as these are not in accordance with the law”.
Meanwhile an all-out war has been raging on Twitter since Saturday after Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chief R S Sharma shared his Aadhaar number publicly, challenging anyone to show how mere knowledge of the number can be misused to harm him. Furthermore some claimed to have got access to his bank account number and e-mail, and Sharma refuted the claims saying they were untrue.
Moreover UIDAI said people should
"refrain from publicly putting their Aadhaar numbers on Internet and
social media and posing challenges to others". Accordingly UIDAI also
warned that doing Aadhaar authentication through somebody else's Aadhaar number
or using someone else's Aadhaar number for any purpose may amount to
impersonation and thereby a criminal offence under the Aadhaar Act and Indian
Penal Code. Moreover also, as per the Aadhaar Act and other IT rules,
personally sensitive information should not be published or shared publicly.
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack