New Delhi sources stated that days after TRAI chief's Aadhaar dare created a flutter, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had asked people not to share publicly their 12 digit identifier on the Internet and social media, or pose such challenges to others. UIDAI said in a statement "Such activities are uncalled for and should be refrained as these are not in accordance with the law”.
Meanwhile an all-out war has been raging on Twitter since Saturday after Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chief R S Sharma shared his Aadhaar number publicly, challenging anyone to show how mere knowledge of the number can be misused to harm him. Furthermore some claimed to have got access to his bank account number and e-mail, and Sharma refuted the claims saying they were untrue.
Moreover UIDAI said people should
"refrain from publicly putting their Aadhaar numbers on Internet and
social media and posing challenges to others". Accordingly UIDAI also
warned that doing Aadhaar authentication through somebody else's Aadhaar number
or using someone else's Aadhaar number for any purpose may amount to
impersonation and thereby a criminal offence under the Aadhaar Act and Indian
Penal Code. Moreover also, as per the Aadhaar Act and other IT rules,
personally sensitive information should not be published or shared publicly.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar