In the history of criminal cases, it's rarity for the Tamilnadu government to handover a case by itself to CBI. But now the same has happened in case of idol thefts in the state. With the cold relationship between idol theft prevention department IG Pon Manickavel and the TN government, the government moves to handover the case to the CBI gains importance.
As per advocate Rajendran's statement, the case which had been progressing on a right track getting handed over to a new team to start investigation from scratch seems to be a measure to bring down the operation, and added that he suspected the TN government planning to deploy officers favoring government to lead the investigation.
The TN government is expected to
file its decision at court on August 8, and Rajendran has announced that
he'll appeal against this move. On the other hand, BJP leader H Raja has
tweeted if government will ask CBI to take over only the existing idol theft
cases or the future cases as well. With this unexpected move by the
TN government to handover the idol theft case to CBI, all parties are expecting
an explanation from government for the move.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day