In the history of criminal cases, it's rarity for the Tamilnadu government to handover a case by itself to CBI. But now the same has happened in case of idol thefts in the state. With the cold relationship between idol theft prevention department IG Pon Manickavel and the TN government, the government moves to handover the case to the CBI gains importance.
As per advocate Rajendran's statement, the case which had been progressing on a right track getting handed over to a new team to start investigation from scratch seems to be a measure to bring down the operation, and added that he suspected the TN government planning to deploy officers favoring government to lead the investigation.
The TN government is expected to
file its decision at court on August 8, and Rajendran has announced that
he'll appeal against this move. On the other hand, BJP leader H Raja has
tweeted if government will ask CBI to take over only the existing idol theft
cases or the future cases as well. With this unexpected move by the
TN government to handover the idol theft case to CBI, all parties are expecting
an explanation from government for the move.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam