According to sources with heavy rains pounding Kerala and water levels of water bodies rising, the Athirappilly waterfall, a tourist hotspot in Athirappilly, Thrissur district, has been closed for tourism. According to reports, there was a sudden surge in the waterfall on Tuesday, leading to a ban on tourist entry to the spot.
Meanwhile the tourism at Athirappilly-Vazhachal was also shut down and the route through Athirappilly and Malackappara were closed for vehicles and the tourists are also not allowed entry at the Charppa waterfalls, which is close to Athirappilly. As per reports the forest department has decided to have these restrictions in place until the strength of water comes down.
Earlier tourism at
Athirappilly waterfalls experienced a temporary low after fake images of
the waterfalls swelling to dangerous proportions were circulated. Furthermore the monsoon has claimed 90
lives in the state so far and 27,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps
since the onset of the south west monsoon and the state cabinet, which convened
on July 18, decided to provide Rs 1,000 as a one-time aide to families put up
in the relief camps. Presently rescue and relief teams have been deployed in
both Idukki and Ernakulam districts to take over in the event of the shutters
of the dam being opened.
Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency? Accordingly Eluru' constituency is one sentimental seat for the people of Andhra Pradesh as this West Godavari capital carries the lucky charm that whoever wins as MLA at this constituency, his party will be in power throughout the state. Meanwhile that is the reason, some say, for Pawan Kalyan thinking to contest from here.
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple