According to sources with heavy rains pounding Kerala and water levels of water bodies rising, the Athirappilly waterfall, a tourist hotspot in Athirappilly, Thrissur district, has been closed for tourism. According to reports, there was a sudden surge in the waterfall on Tuesday, leading to a ban on tourist entry to the spot.
Meanwhile the tourism at Athirappilly-Vazhachal was also shut down and the route through Athirappilly and Malackappara were closed for vehicles and the tourists are also not allowed entry at the Charppa waterfalls, which is close to Athirappilly. As per reports the forest department has decided to have these restrictions in place until the strength of water comes down.
Earlier tourism at
Athirappilly waterfalls experienced a temporary low after fake images of
the waterfalls swelling to dangerous proportions were circulated. Furthermore the monsoon has claimed 90
lives in the state so far and 27,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps
since the onset of the south west monsoon and the state cabinet, which convened
on July 18, decided to provide Rs 1,000 as a one-time aide to families put up
in the relief camps. Presently rescue and relief teams have been deployed in
both Idukki and Ernakulam districts to take over in the event of the shutters
of the dam being opened.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers