According to sources with heavy rains pounding Kerala and water levels of water bodies rising, the Athirappilly waterfall, a tourist hotspot in Athirappilly, Thrissur district, has been closed for tourism. According to reports, there was a sudden surge in the waterfall on Tuesday, leading to a ban on tourist entry to the spot.
Meanwhile the tourism at Athirappilly-Vazhachal was also shut down and the route through Athirappilly and Malackappara were closed for vehicles and the tourists are also not allowed entry at the Charppa waterfalls, which is close to Athirappilly. As per reports the forest department has decided to have these restrictions in place until the strength of water comes down.
Earlier tourism at
Athirappilly waterfalls experienced a temporary low after fake images of
the waterfalls swelling to dangerous proportions were circulated. Furthermore the monsoon has claimed 90
lives in the state so far and 27,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps
since the onset of the south west monsoon and the state cabinet, which convened
on July 18, decided to provide Rs 1,000 as a one-time aide to families put up
in the relief camps. Presently rescue and relief teams have been deployed in
both Idukki and Ernakulam districts to take over in the event of the shutters
of the dam being opened.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!