As per report India’s largest conglomerate, Oil to telecom major Reliance Industries overtook IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Tuesday to become India’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalization. Meanwhile this also comes less than a month after RIL breached the $100 billion market capitalization mark after a decade. Furthermore according to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) website, RIL’s market capitalization currently stands at around Rs 7.56 trillion, while TCS’ market cap is at $7.54 trillion.
Moreover RIL surpassed TCS after its stock rose around 3% on the BSE on Tuesday to a record high of Rs 1,185.85. The shares of Reliance are currently trading at Rs 1,194.35. Reports added market capitalization is the total value of the company based on its current share price and the total number of outstanding stocks. Further the surge in its stock price came after Reliance reported it’s highest-ever profit for the quarter in Q1 of FY19, which was driven by performance of its petrochemicals and consumer businesses.
Hence RIL reported its
numbers last week registering a quarterly net profit of Rs 9,459 crore for Q1,
which is 17.9% higher than Rs 8,021 crore registered in Q1 last year. Moreover
revenue grew 56.5% to Rs 1.4 trillion as against Rs 90,537 crore in the
corresponding previous quarter. Accordingly its newest business, Reliance Jio,
reported 19.9% increase in profit at Rs 612 crore, while clocking revenue of Rs
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?