Los Angeles sources stated that earth's neighboring planet, Mars, is closer than it has been in the past 15 years, offering unusually bright views of the Red Planet's auburn hues. NASA said "The Red Planet and Earth haven't been this close since 2003, and won't be again until 2035”. Meanwhile astronomers around the world trained their telescopes on the sky on July 31, when the Red Planet was 35.8 million miles (57.6 million kilometers) away.
Sources added one popular public viewing spot was the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, where Mars was visible with the naked eye as a bright orange spot in the sky, according to a live broadcast held to mark the celestial event. Observatory director Ed Krupp said "Mars is invading us”. Moreover NASA said the nearest point to Earth in Mars' elliptical orbit came at around 1100 GMT on Tuesday.
are interested in Mars' travel path because it helps decide the best times for
spacecraft to launch. Moreover when the Sun, Earth and Mars are lined up, with
Earth sitting in between, a phenomenon called "opposition" is in
effect, giving the brightest view of Mars. US space agency explained “Since the
Earth and Mars align in opposition about every two years, this is why most NASA
missions to the Red Planet are at least two years apart to take advantage of
the closer distance."
Will Congress give Special Status to AP? Accordingly Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was disrespecting the people of Andhra Pradesh by breaking all promises made to the state during bifurcation in 2014. Meanwhile Gandhi promised that immediately after coming to power, the Congress would accord special category status to the state as per the commitment made by the Government of India in the Andhra Pradesh
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon