As per report at least 12 of the 85 persons injured are said to be critical. Meanwhile an official said the incident took place on Tuesday at the airport in Durango City. Confusion still persists on any fatalities, as well as regarding the number of injured. Efe news reported that emergency and security teams were at the crash site vacant and arid area near Guadalupe Victoria Airport.
Accordingly the latest figures were provided by the spokesman for the Durango state Health Secretariat, Fernando Ros. Moreover he told the media that 18 have been hospitalized of whom 12 are critical. Furthermore Durango Governor Jose Aispuro ruled out any fatalities on Twitter. The Mexican Communications and Transportation Secretary Gerardo Ruiz Esparza told reporters that he could only confirm 52 people to have survived the crash.
Reports added the
aircraft, an Embracer 190, that was carrying 97 passengers and a crew of four,
went down around 3.20 p.m., shortly after taking off on a flight to Mexico City.
Moreover the North-Central Airport Group (OMA), the agency that operates the
airport, blamed poor weather conditions for the crash. Aispuro said "It was
raining, there was a storm and he think they wanted to abort, but were not able
to fall on the runway. It fell farther ahead where the paved runway ends and
that caused the fire that seriously damaged the plane".
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!