According to sources from Mumbai, Reserve Bank of India for the second time in two-month raised interest rate by 0.25% on inflationary concerns and the central bank in its third bi-monthly policy of the current fiscal raised benchmark repo, or the short term rate at which it lends to other banks, by 0.25% to 6.5%. Meanwhile the 6 member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) headed by RBI Governor Urjit Patel kept its stance at neutral.
Previously for July-September, it pegged CPI-based retail inflation at 4.2% which it saw firming up to 4.8% in the second half of the current fiscal and currently the projected inflation rate is above its targeted comfort level of 4%. Furthermore RBI kept the GDP forecast for the current fiscal unchanged at 7.4% and saw it at 7.5-7.6% in the second half of the current fiscal. For the July-September quarter, it has projected inflation to be at 4.6%.
Moreover RBI made the
projections in its third monetary policy review for the current fiscal and the
retail inflation has been projected to rise further to 5% in the first quarter
of next financial year 2019-20. Firstly, the central government has decided to
fix the minimum support prices (MSPs) of at least 150% of the cost of
production for all kharif crops for the sowing season of 2018-19.
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA