According to sources from Mumbai, Reserve Bank of India for the second time in two-month raised interest rate by 0.25% on inflationary concerns and the central bank in its third bi-monthly policy of the current fiscal raised benchmark repo, or the short term rate at which it lends to other banks, by 0.25% to 6.5%. Meanwhile the 6 member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) headed by RBI Governor Urjit Patel kept its stance at neutral.
Previously for July-September, it pegged CPI-based retail inflation at 4.2% which it saw firming up to 4.8% in the second half of the current fiscal and currently the projected inflation rate is above its targeted comfort level of 4%. Furthermore RBI kept the GDP forecast for the current fiscal unchanged at 7.4% and saw it at 7.5-7.6% in the second half of the current fiscal. For the July-September quarter, it has projected inflation to be at 4.6%.
Moreover RBI made the
projections in its third monetary policy review for the current fiscal and the
retail inflation has been projected to rise further to 5% in the first quarter
of next financial year 2019-20. Firstly, the central government has decided to
fix the minimum support prices (MSPs) of at least 150% of the cost of
production for all kharif crops for the sowing season of 2018-19.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam