The Madurai bench of Chennai high court has ordered the hearing of all the 173 cases against Sterlite protesters as a single case. On May 22, protesters had entered 100th day of their protest against Sterlite, and the protest had turned violent with protesters being killed by police in a shootout.
Now, advocate Vincent John had filed a petition in Madurai bench of Chennai high court that 173 separate cases have been filed against protesters for a single incident. He had requested to join the 172 cases with the first case, and enquire as a single case. Following the hearing, the Madurai bench of Chennai High court has dismissed yet 173 cases and has ordered enquiry into the case treating it as a single case.
This has given some peace for the
protesters as it will avoid waste of time and money by traveling for court
proceedings. It must be noted that 13 innocent protesters were killed by police
in the shootout.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!