The Madurai bench of Chennai high court has ordered the hearing of all the 173 cases against Sterlite protesters as a single case. On May 22, protesters had entered 100th day of their protest against Sterlite, and the protest had turned violent with protesters being killed by police in a shootout.
Now, advocate Vincent John had filed a petition in Madurai bench of Chennai high court that 173 separate cases have been filed against protesters for a single incident. He had requested to join the 172 cases with the first case, and enquire as a single case. Following the hearing, the Madurai bench of Chennai High court has dismissed yet 173 cases and has ordered enquiry into the case treating it as a single case.
This has given some peace for the
protesters as it will avoid waste of time and money by traveling for court
proceedings. It must be noted that 13 innocent protesters were killed by police
in the shootout.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites