The Madurai bench of Chennai high court has ordered the hearing of all the 173 cases against Sterlite protesters as a single case. On May 22, protesters had entered 100th day of their protest against Sterlite, and the protest had turned violent with protesters being killed by police in a shootout.
Now, advocate Vincent John had filed a petition in Madurai bench of Chennai high court that 173 separate cases have been filed against protesters for a single incident. He had requested to join the 172 cases with the first case, and enquire as a single case. Following the hearing, the Madurai bench of Chennai High court has dismissed yet 173 cases and has ordered enquiry into the case treating it as a single case.
This has given some peace for the
protesters as it will avoid waste of time and money by traveling for court
proceedings. It must be noted that 13 innocent protesters were killed by police
in the shootout.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers