According to sources tipplers in Telangana will have to face dry days from Thursday and the distilleries stopped indefinitely the production of hard liquor calling it as Whisky citing the main reason that the government imposed hefty license fees on them. Meanwhile out 19 distilleries in Telangana, 14 manufacturing units have completely halted liquor production.
Moreover as a result, the supply of whisky to the licensed liquor shops will be stopped with the non availability of the stocks. Furthermore the managements of the distilleries have been demanding Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's government to reduce license fee by 50% for the last two years. Hence after the bifurcation of Andhra, Telangana government doubled the license fee which put heavy burden on distilleries to run the business.
Further the management says Telangana was the lone
state collecting the highest license fee in the country. Moreover the
neighboring Andhra Pradesh did not increase the fee and in Karnataka and Tamilnadu
also, governments are collecting low fees and presently the distilleries
decided not to resume liquor production until the government rolls back the
increased fee structure.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan