According to sources tipplers in Telangana will have to face dry days from Thursday and the distilleries stopped indefinitely the production of hard liquor calling it as Whisky citing the main reason that the government imposed hefty license fees on them. Meanwhile out 19 distilleries in Telangana, 14 manufacturing units have completely halted liquor production.
Moreover as a result, the supply of whisky to the licensed liquor shops will be stopped with the non availability of the stocks. Furthermore the managements of the distilleries have been demanding Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's government to reduce license fee by 50% for the last two years. Hence after the bifurcation of Andhra, Telangana government doubled the license fee which put heavy burden on distilleries to run the business.
Further the management says Telangana was the lone
state collecting the highest license fee in the country. Moreover the
neighboring Andhra Pradesh did not increase the fee and in Karnataka and Tamilnadu
also, governments are collecting low fees and presently the distilleries
decided not to resume liquor production until the government rolls back the
increased fee structure.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers