According to sources Swiggy, India’s largest food ordering and delivery platform, on Thursday announced the all cash acquisition of on-demand delivery platform Scootsy an intercity service that gets the best of restaurant and gourmet food, toys, beauty, electronics and more to the customer’s doorstep. Meanwhile with this acquisition, Swiggy will further strengthen Scootsy’s curate restaurant network and help the brand expand to newer cities on the back of its operational excellence and back end strength.
Furthermore Scootsy will continue to operate as an independent app post the acquisition. Moreover for Swiggy, the acquisition of Mumbai based Scootsy is in line with its vision to provide a superior consumer experience and the widest restaurant choices for consumers and it will extend the breadth and selection of Swiggy’s existing network of 40,000 restaurants by adding more curate restaurants to it.
Further Scootsy has carved a niche for itself by
providing consumers a great ordering experience from a careful selection of
restaurants, bakeries and gourmet stores. Moreover it has also built immense
loyalty among a large number of curate restaurant partners, many of whom are
exclusively with the platform. Presently Swiggy brings with it a conducive
ecosystem and the right resources for expansion, the acquisition will enable
Scootsy’s expansion across Mumbai as well as propel its foray into 4-5 major
Indian cities in the coming months.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!