Islamabad sources reported that as per media report Imran Khan has decided against inviting foreign leaders and celebrities to his oath taking ceremony as Pakistan's new prime minister as he wants to keep the event very simple. Meanwhile Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the elections held on July 25 and the 65 year old leader is expected to take oath on August 11.
Furthermore his party had initially planned to invite several foreign leaders and personalities, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bollywood superstar Amir Khan and Indian cricketers like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavasker and Navjot Singh Sidhu to the event. Accordingly in an apparent change of heart yesterday, Khan has opted against a fancy ceremony.
Dawn newspaper quoted PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry as saying that "The
PTI chairman has directed to stage the oath-taking event with austerity”. The spokesperson
said “He will take his oath in a simple ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr (President
House)”. Moreover Chaudhry said "It has been decided that no foreign
personalities will be invited to the ceremony it will be a completely national
event. Only a few close friends of Imran Khan will be invited."
"There will be no show of extravagance at the event".
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!