Islamabad sources reported that as per media report Imran Khan has decided against inviting foreign leaders and celebrities to his oath taking ceremony as Pakistan's new prime minister as he wants to keep the event very simple. Meanwhile Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the elections held on July 25 and the 65 year old leader is expected to take oath on August 11.
Furthermore his party had initially planned to invite several foreign leaders and personalities, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bollywood superstar Amir Khan and Indian cricketers like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavasker and Navjot Singh Sidhu to the event. Accordingly in an apparent change of heart yesterday, Khan has opted against a fancy ceremony.
Dawn newspaper quoted PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry as saying that "The
PTI chairman has directed to stage the oath-taking event with austerity”. The spokesperson
said “He will take his oath in a simple ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr (President
House)”. Moreover Chaudhry said "It has been decided that no foreign
personalities will be invited to the ceremony it will be a completely national
event. Only a few close friends of Imran Khan will be invited."
"There will be no show of extravagance at the event".
Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided According to sources Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami Friday made a strong pitch for a second term for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, lauding him for the air strikes on terror camps in Pakistan and saying he was the "only qualified" leader to ensure the nation's security. Meanwhile Modi was an "efficient and strong leader", he said launching his campaign for the April 18 Lok Sabha elections
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices
- TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts