Islamabad sources reported that as per media report Imran Khan has decided against inviting foreign leaders and celebrities to his oath taking ceremony as Pakistan's new prime minister as he wants to keep the event very simple. Meanwhile Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the elections held on July 25 and the 65 year old leader is expected to take oath on August 11.
Furthermore his party had initially planned to invite several foreign leaders and personalities, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bollywood superstar Amir Khan and Indian cricketers like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavasker and Navjot Singh Sidhu to the event. Accordingly in an apparent change of heart yesterday, Khan has opted against a fancy ceremony.
Dawn newspaper quoted PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry as saying that "The
PTI chairman has directed to stage the oath-taking event with austerity”. The spokesperson
said “He will take his oath in a simple ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr (President
House)”. Moreover Chaudhry said "It has been decided that no foreign
personalities will be invited to the ceremony it will be a completely national
event. Only a few close friends of Imran Khan will be invited."
"There will be no show of extravagance at the event".
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?