The Tamilnadu assembly speaker's side has opined that the action has been taken in regards to the 18 MLA disqualifications, as per the rules and regulations. The 18 MLAs who had supported TTV Dinakaran had appealed against their disqualification in the Chennai high court, and the verdict on this case was given by the bench headed by justice Indra Banerjee.
The Chief justice Indra Banerjee had said that the disqualification of 18 MLAs was valid, while another justice Sundar was against the disqualification. Following different verdicts given by two judges, the case was heard by the third chief justice, and during the hearing, the Speaker's advocate Arima Sundaram had said that they had suspected the actions of the 18 MLAs giving a petition to the governor, as the Governor has the rights to dissolve a government or announce a side as majority.
Despite no action by the governor,
why the 18 MLAs not returned to their party, asked Arima Sundaram, adding that
their disqualification was done as per the rules. While the 18 MLAs had
initially said that they had voted for Edappadi Palanisamy in the voting, they
had later said the governor that they had no belief on him. Now, the hearing on
this case has been pushed to Monday.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open