The Tamilnadu assembly speaker's side has opined that the action has been taken in regards to the 18 MLA disqualifications, as per the rules and regulations. The 18 MLAs who had supported TTV Dinakaran had appealed against their disqualification in the Chennai high court, and the verdict on this case was given by the bench headed by justice Indra Banerjee.
The Chief justice Indra Banerjee had said that the disqualification of 18 MLAs was valid, while another justice Sundar was against the disqualification. Following different verdicts given by two judges, the case was heard by the third chief justice, and during the hearing, the Speaker's advocate Arima Sundaram had said that they had suspected the actions of the 18 MLAs giving a petition to the governor, as the Governor has the rights to dissolve a government or announce a side as majority.
Despite no action by the governor,
why the 18 MLAs not returned to their party, asked Arima Sundaram, adding that
their disqualification was done as per the rules. While the 18 MLAs had
initially said that they had voted for Edappadi Palanisamy in the voting, they
had later said the governor that they had no belief on him. Now, the hearing on
this case has been pushed to Monday.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes