Hyderabad sources stated that a top police official said yesterday Telangana police is now equipped with another 'powerful' tool 'Facial Recognition System' (FRS) that would help them prevent crime and identify criminals/suspects at lightning speed. Meanwhile State Director General of Police M Mahendar Reddy told reporters FRS is an integrated feature of TSCOP mobile app for assisting investigation officers for developing effective and efficient services to citizens and thereby improving responsiveness.
Furthermore he said the tool allows police to identify potential offenders by comparing a suspect's face with lakhs of digital photographs of people including offenders, wanted and those missing stored in the central database of Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS). Moreover the whole process would only take a few seconds, he said adding in case of photographs matching, and investigation officers can carry out manual comparison and proceed for further confirmation using other information.
Reddy said “The central database of photographs
will be updated regularly through CCTNS implemented in all police stations
across the state”. The DGP said the photographs of people that do not match
with the central database would automatically be discarded and shall not be
stored anywhere in the system. Further the main objective of the app (TSCOP)
launched earlier this year is to ensure better collaboration and operational
efficiency of the police at all levels in the districts and Commissioner
across the state.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar