Hyderabad sources stated that a top police official said yesterday Telangana police is now equipped with another 'powerful' tool 'Facial Recognition System' (FRS) that would help them prevent crime and identify criminals/suspects at lightning speed. Meanwhile State Director General of Police M Mahendar Reddy told reporters FRS is an integrated feature of TSCOP mobile app for assisting investigation officers for developing effective and efficient services to citizens and thereby improving responsiveness.
Furthermore he said the tool allows police to identify potential offenders by comparing a suspect's face with lakhs of digital photographs of people including offenders, wanted and those missing stored in the central database of Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS). Moreover the whole process would only take a few seconds, he said adding in case of photographs matching, and investigation officers can carry out manual comparison and proceed for further confirmation using other information.
Reddy said “The central database of photographs
will be updated regularly through CCTNS implemented in all police stations
across the state”. The DGP said the photographs of people that do not match
with the central database would automatically be discarded and shall not be
stored anywhere in the system. Further the main objective of the app (TSCOP)
launched earlier this year is to ensure better collaboration and operational
efficiency of the police at all levels in the districts and Commissioner
across the state.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!