Reports added in the past week, the state of Kerala has witnessed a round of heavy rains, causing water levels of various dams in the state to reach their maximum levels and the state government was forced to announce orange alert in most of the dams. Previously the Kerala Government had declared orange alerts in Idamalayar dam in the Ernakulam district and in the Idukki dam.
Furthermore as of Friday, the water level at the Idamalayar dam was recorded to be at 167.31 meters and the full reservoir level (FRL) of the dam stands at 169 meters. Meanwhile an Orange alert was issued in Idamalayar dam on Wednesday, with the water levels touching 167.05 metres, leaving less than two metres for the dam to reach its full capacity. Furthermore officials had said that a Red Alert or final alert will be announced when the water touches 168 metres.
Moreover the reservoir level at the Idukki
dam on Friday was recorded to be 2,396.42 feet as opposed
to an FRL of 2,403 feet. Accordingly the Kerala government had
announced an Orange alert along the banks of the Periyar, with the water
levels in the Idukki dam rising to 2,395 feet on Monday night. Meanwhile
the Orange alert is the second alert followed by a Green alert or
code Green which is the first alert issued by the Kerala State Electricity
Board (KSEB) to warn those living close to the river.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day