Reports added in the past week, the state of Kerala has witnessed a round of heavy rains, causing water levels of various dams in the state to reach their maximum levels and the state government was forced to announce orange alert in most of the dams. Previously the Kerala Government had declared orange alerts in Idamalayar dam in the Ernakulam district and in the Idukki dam.
Furthermore as of Friday, the water level at the Idamalayar dam was recorded to be at 167.31 meters and the full reservoir level (FRL) of the dam stands at 169 meters. Meanwhile an Orange alert was issued in Idamalayar dam on Wednesday, with the water levels touching 167.05 metres, leaving less than two metres for the dam to reach its full capacity. Furthermore officials had said that a Red Alert or final alert will be announced when the water touches 168 metres.
Moreover the reservoir level at the Idukki
dam on Friday was recorded to be 2,396.42 feet as opposed
to an FRL of 2,403 feet. Accordingly the Kerala government had
announced an Orange alert along the banks of the Periyar, with the water
levels in the Idukki dam rising to 2,395 feet on Monday night. Meanwhile
the Orange alert is the second alert followed by a Green alert or
code Green which is the first alert issued by the Kerala State Electricity
Board (KSEB) to warn those living close to the river.
HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan' According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy would meet the public at his home office in the city centre only once in a month, instead every week. An official said on Thursday "Doctors have advised him to meet people once a month”. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy, 58, who underwent
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees