Accordingly the move by the police came after several people raised complaints of getting messages to file IT returns even though after they had done so. Meanwhile they had paid the tax to cyber criminals and not to the government and when you receive an SMS asking you to file IT returns, people go the site directed in the SMS which is similar to the web page of Income Tax Department and pay the money.
As per report the message also says that their income tax refund has been approved but needs a change in the bank account number which is incorrect. Moreover the victim then goes to the site to update the login ID and password which the fraudster actually wants and if the target has his login on the Income tax website, the fraudsters get the login credentials of the person and transfer the IT returns to their personal account when they pay for it.
Furthermore they can also change their mobile
number which they entered on the IT website to ensure that they do not get any
message from the IT site. Moreover after sounding an alerting, Balsing Rajput,
Superintendent of Police of Maharashtra cyber crime said that people should be
aware of such fake messages and websites. He said "If the link does not
show bank name, then it could be a fake message”.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy