Accordingly the move by the police came after several people raised complaints of getting messages to file IT returns even though after they had done so. Meanwhile they had paid the tax to cyber criminals and not to the government and when you receive an SMS asking you to file IT returns, people go the site directed in the SMS which is similar to the web page of Income Tax Department and pay the money.
As per report the message also says that their income tax refund has been approved but needs a change in the bank account number which is incorrect. Moreover the victim then goes to the site to update the login ID and password which the fraudster actually wants and if the target has his login on the Income tax website, the fraudsters get the login credentials of the person and transfer the IT returns to their personal account when they pay for it.
Furthermore they can also change their mobile
number which they entered on the IT website to ensure that they do not get any
message from the IT site. Moreover after sounding an alerting, Balsing Rajput,
Superintendent of Police of Maharashtra cyber crime said that people should be
aware of such fake messages and websites. He said "If the link does not
show bank name, then it could be a fake message”.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018