Accordingly the move by the police came after several people raised complaints of getting messages to file IT returns even though after they had done so. Meanwhile they had paid the tax to cyber criminals and not to the government and when you receive an SMS asking you to file IT returns, people go the site directed in the SMS which is similar to the web page of Income Tax Department and pay the money.
As per report the message also says that their income tax refund has been approved but needs a change in the bank account number which is incorrect. Moreover the victim then goes to the site to update the login ID and password which the fraudster actually wants and if the target has his login on the Income tax website, the fraudsters get the login credentials of the person and transfer the IT returns to their personal account when they pay for it.
Furthermore they can also change their mobile
number which they entered on the IT website to ensure that they do not get any
message from the IT site. Moreover after sounding an alerting, Balsing Rajput,
Superintendent of Police of Maharashtra cyber crime said that people should be
aware of such fake messages and websites. He said "If the link does not
show bank name, then it could be a fake message”.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu