London sources reported that the Bank of England (BoE) on Thursday raised its key interest rate by a quarter of a percentage point, from 0.5% to 0.75% the highest level since March 2009. As per report it is only the second increase in the bank rate since July 2007 and the move will increase the interest costs of more than three and a half million residential mortgages that have variable or tracker rates.
Moreover according to the Guardian, the bank's nine member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted unanimously for the increase, judging that the economy had bounced back from a soft patch earlier this year triggered by the freezing weather and heavy snowfall from the "beast from the east". Moreover while warning Brexit could blow the economy off course, the MPC said recent readings for economic growth "appear to confirm that the dip in output in the first quarter was temporary, with momentum recovering in the second quarter".
Accordingly the BoE said in a statement that the
committee "continues to judge that the UK economy currently has a very
limited degree of slack" and labor demand growth remains
"robust". Further this reflects tightening in the labor market, with
indicators of pay growth strengthening and pay growth projected to rise
PMK ropes in an actor! A significant event has happened in the history of Pattali Makkal katchi party, and it is that the party has given an important role to actor Ranjith. Doctor Ramadoss, the leader of PMK has been a leader who fights for the rights of farmers, fights for the language, and with huge experience in politics, had also been conferred the doctorate.
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height