According to sources two videos of former Madras High Court judge A Selvam have been going viral on social media for the last few days, for all good reasons. He was clad in a T-shirt and a pair of shorts, and a towel tied around his head, the veteran judge is seen ploughing a field on a tractor with aplomb. Meanwhile after his superannuation at the age of 62, A Selvam took off to his native Pulankurichi in Tiruppattur Taluk of Sivaganga district, to pursue what he always wanted to do agriculture.
He said “Agriculture is his original profession and he doesn’t feel a big shift from his past profession as a judge”. Moreover A Selvam comes an agricultural family that has been growing crops for around 100 years. The retired judge said “Fortunately or unfortunately, he studied well and hence was sent off to Madurai to study Law,” who served as a judge in Madurai and then came to Chennai as a Judge at the request of Justice Sanjay Kishen Kaul in 2015.
He was retired in April 2018, the former judge is
now tilling his five acre ancestral field in Pulankurichi. Furthermore a typical
day for A Selvam begins at 6 am and ends at 6 p.m and he ploughs the land
himself, drives the tractor and knows all the operations related to
agriculture. Presently that he has “closed one chapter in his life”, as he puts
it, judge Selvam signs off saying, “What gives him true happiness is doing
agriculture on his land here and get a good harvest and it feels great to be in
the midst of nature.”
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack