Washington sources reported that the Labor Department said the United States' headline unemployment rate dropped to 3.9% in July, a month in which non-farm payrolls in the world's largest economy rose by 157,000. As per report the US economy remains close to full employment even though the number of jobs added last month was below the 195,000 forecast by economists.
Meanwhile US employment has risen for 94 consecutive months, the longest jobs expansion streak on record and presently the unemployment rate has now dipped below 4% for the third time this year. Moreover the jobless rate unexpectedly climbed to 4% in June up from 3.8% in May, the lowest level since 2000 mainly because more people were actively looking for work. Furthermore the average hourly wages for all employees on private non-farm payrolls rose in July by $0.07 to $27.05 and average hourly earnings climbed 2.7% relative to July 2017, and economists expect labor costs to keep rising.
Further the US labor force participation rate (the share of the
population 16 years and older either working or seeking work), which peaked at
67.1% in 2000, remained unchanged from the previous month at 62.9%. US Labor
Secretary Alexander Acosta said in a statement on the July jobs report "The
unemployment rate edged down to 3.9% and this is only the eighth time that the
monthly unemployment rate has fallen below 4.0% since 1970, and three of those
months happened under President (Donald) Trump in 2018".
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections