Washington sources reported that the Labor Department said the United States' headline unemployment rate dropped to 3.9% in July, a month in which non-farm payrolls in the world's largest economy rose by 157,000. As per report the US economy remains close to full employment even though the number of jobs added last month was below the 195,000 forecast by economists.
Meanwhile US employment has risen for 94 consecutive months, the longest jobs expansion streak on record and presently the unemployment rate has now dipped below 4% for the third time this year. Moreover the jobless rate unexpectedly climbed to 4% in June up from 3.8% in May, the lowest level since 2000 mainly because more people were actively looking for work. Furthermore the average hourly wages for all employees on private non-farm payrolls rose in July by $0.07 to $27.05 and average hourly earnings climbed 2.7% relative to July 2017, and economists expect labor costs to keep rising.
Further the US labor force participation rate (the share of the
population 16 years and older either working or seeking work), which peaked at
67.1% in 2000, remained unchanged from the previous month at 62.9%. US Labor
Secretary Alexander Acosta said in a statement on the July jobs report "The
unemployment rate edged down to 3.9% and this is only the eighth time that the
monthly unemployment rate has fallen below 4.0% since 1970, and three of those
months happened under President (Donald) Trump in 2018".
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open