Washington sources reported that the Labor Department said the United States' headline unemployment rate dropped to 3.9% in July, a month in which non-farm payrolls in the world's largest economy rose by 157,000. As per report the US economy remains close to full employment even though the number of jobs added last month was below the 195,000 forecast by economists.
Meanwhile US employment has risen for 94 consecutive months, the longest jobs expansion streak on record and presently the unemployment rate has now dipped below 4% for the third time this year. Moreover the jobless rate unexpectedly climbed to 4% in June up from 3.8% in May, the lowest level since 2000 mainly because more people were actively looking for work. Furthermore the average hourly wages for all employees on private non-farm payrolls rose in July by $0.07 to $27.05 and average hourly earnings climbed 2.7% relative to July 2017, and economists expect labor costs to keep rising.
Further the US labor force participation rate (the share of the
population 16 years and older either working or seeking work), which peaked at
67.1% in 2000, remained unchanged from the previous month at 62.9%. US Labor
Secretary Alexander Acosta said in a statement on the July jobs report "The
unemployment rate edged down to 3.9% and this is only the eighth time that the
monthly unemployment rate has fallen below 4.0% since 1970, and three of those
months happened under President (Donald) Trump in 2018".
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code