Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan, who is set to become Pakistan's new Prime Minister, may take oath of the office on the country's Independence Day on August 14. Meanwhile a media report said Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the July 25 elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.
Previously on July 30, Khan, 65, had expressed his desire to take the oath of Prime Minister on August 11, as his party announced that it had acquired enough seats in the lower house through coalition talks to form a majority government. Caretaker Law Minister Ali Zafar told "It is his and caretaker prime minister retired Justice Nasirul Mulk's desire that the oath taking of the new prime minister should take place on August 14”.
Furthermore when unveiling a tentative schedule of the National Assembly
formation, the minister said the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was
already on board as it was engaged in making necessary arrangements required to
hold the prime minister's election on the desired date. Zafar said a fresh
session of the assembly could be called on August on 11 or 12.
Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided According to sources Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami Friday made a strong pitch for a second term for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, lauding him for the air strikes on terror camps in Pakistan and saying he was the "only qualified" leader to ensure the nation's security. Meanwhile Modi was an "efficient and strong leader", he said launching his campaign for the April 18 Lok Sabha elections
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices
- TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts