Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan, who is set to become Pakistan's new Prime Minister, may take oath of the office on the country's Independence Day on August 14. Meanwhile a media report said Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the July 25 elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.
Previously on July 30, Khan, 65, had expressed his desire to take the oath of Prime Minister on August 11, as his party announced that it had acquired enough seats in the lower house through coalition talks to form a majority government. Caretaker Law Minister Ali Zafar told "It is his and caretaker prime minister retired Justice Nasirul Mulk's desire that the oath taking of the new prime minister should take place on August 14”.
Furthermore when unveiling a tentative schedule of the National Assembly
formation, the minister said the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was
already on board as it was engaged in making necessary arrangements required to
hold the prime minister's election on the desired date. Zafar said a fresh
session of the assembly could be called on August on 11 or 12.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues