According to sources a powerful earthquake has rocked the popular Indonesian holiday island of Lombok, killing at least 91 people, injuring hundreds of others and damaging thousands of houses. Meanwhile it’s believed no Australians have been injured in the quake and the magnitude 7 tremor struck just 10 km underground about 6.46 pm Jakarta time.
Reports added it was followed by two lights to moderate secondary quakes and nearly two dozen aftershocks. Moreover Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has arrived in Bali, and says consular staff is being sent to Lombok to assess the damage and assist Australians who might need help. Indonesian National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesperson Sutopo Purwo Nugroho has posted images of evacuations in the Gili islands where there are an estimated 1000 domestic and foreign tourists.
Furthermore the latest quake, which triggered a
brief tsunami warning, damaged buildings as far away as Bali’s Denpasar,
including a department store and the airport terminal. Authorities say that rescue
officials said much of the damage had hit Lombok’s main city of Mataram, far
from the main tourist spots on the south and west of the island. Moreover based
on reports from West Nusa Tenggara’s disaster mitigation agency, 65 people died
in North Lombok, nine in West Lombok, two in Central Lombok, four in Mataram,
and two in East Lombok. Most of the victims died because they were hit by
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam