Chennai sources added that even after the end of round two in online engineering counseling, over 150 engineering colleges could not fill a single seat in the online engineering counseling. Meanwhile as per report many top ranked colleges are also struggling to fill their seats. Accordingly so far, the two rounds of the counseling have been completed and the students from 200 to 175 cut-off marks participated in the counseling.
Meanwhile the total number of allotted seats went up to 18,974 in two rounds. Jayaprakash A. Gandhi, career consultant said “It’s a wake-up call to the many engineering institutions in the state and only 40 colleges have filled above 30% of their intake seats and 69 engineering colleges filled up to 10% of their intake”. Moreover it is evident from the details that even some of the top colleges are struggling to get students in online counseling.
University's three campuses MIT (97.12%), CEG (96.52%) and AC Tech (93.14%)
have attracted maximum number of students in the online engineering counseling
College of Technology, Coimbatore (92.95%) and PSG College of Technology also
done well. Moreover among the private engineering colleges SSN College of Engineering has filled 91.71% of the
seats in two rounds.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!