Accordingly Justice AP Shah who had also served as Chairman of the Law Commission, in his letter pointed out that “any campaign against corruption can become effective only when there is a basic change in the mindset of the government in favor of greater transparency and accountability through civil society participation at all levels of decision taking, devolution of authority and decentralization of governance”.
Meanwhile he called for “strengthening of the democratic processes in every sphere of activity of the government” and noted that “bits and pieces of legislation without an overarching objective” would not deliver. Furthermore he said that at a time when cases like “Kingfisher Airlines and United Spirits (Vijay Mallya Group), Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Fortis Healthcare, etc have come to light and non-performing assets (NPAs) of banks are at an all-time high of about Rs 10 lakh crore, which was expected to arrest any further decay of the system, is “ironically proposed to be decriminalized, that too with undue haste”.
Moreover he said that while most of
the offences were anyway compoundable, the committee had to evaluate if
existing compoundable offences could be treated as mere “civil offences” and if
the existing non-compoundable offences could be categorized as “compoundable
offences”. Furthermore Justice Shah charged that the Finance Act, 2017 had
surreptitiously done away with the limits on political donations prescribed
under Section 182 of the Companies Act.
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post