Chennai sources reported that President Ram Nath Kovind on Sunday visited ailing DMK president M Karunanidhi at a hospital here and inquired about his health. Meanwhile at the hospital, the President briefly interacted with Karunanidhi's son and DMK working president M K Stalin and DMK MP Kanimozhi.
Meanwhile the President, who arrived here from Hyderabad, drove directly from the airport to Kauvery Hospital, where the DMK chief is undergoing treatment. The official Twitter account of Rashtrapati Bhavan said "Visited Thiru M Karunanidhi in Chennai, met Kalaignar's family members and doctors and inquired about his health. Further wishing the former Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, as a veteran of our public life, a quick recovery".
Moreover Kovind was accompanied by Governor
Banwarilal Purohit. A picture of the President's interaction with the family
members of Karunanidhi was shared on the micro-blogging site. Hence before
winding up his visit, Kovind walked down a few metres and waved at the media
and crowd gathered at the hospital and politicians and many prominent leaders
have visited Karunanidhi at the hospital.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!