The vice president of India and the speaker of Rajya Sabha, Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha will be held on August 9. The tenure of the earlier deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha, Kurien Joseph had ended by July 1, and since then, the Rajya Sabha deputy chairman post has been vacant.
Hence speaker Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of rajya sabha will be held on August 9, and the filing of nominations can be made on August 8.kurien Joseph, from Kerala had been the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha from August 21, 2012, and his tenure had ended last month itself.
Besides being the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha, it must be noted that Kurien Joseph had been lok sabha MP twice in his political career. Now with the announcement of the date of elections for rajya sabha deputy chairman selection, the question has risen on AIADMK fielding it's candidate for the post. When ADMK leader and Tamilnadu deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam was questioned on the same, he had responded that it will be decided soon by the party High commitee.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open