According to sources shortly after ‘Aadi Perukku’ festival on Friday, when hundreds of devotees had thronged the Noyyal River in Perur and made offerings to the water body as per traditional customs, a city based NGO cleaned up the mess left behind by the festivities on Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile the NGO, ‘Kovai Kulangal Padhukaapu Amaippu’ took note that the river was polluted and without wasting any time swung into action to clean the water body.
Furthermore as many as 50 volunteers gathered at 6 am and began cleaning the river at Perur and it’s surrounding areas in a day long effort. The NGO organizer R Manikandan said “As many as 50,000 people visited the place on the stated auspicious day and made a variety of offerings that included a mix of plastic, apparels, food delicacies among others. Meanwhile a few of them even left food items in the area that surrounds the water body and also along the flight of stairs that ends in the river and it is painful to see that food prepared at home was left in the open and run over by vehicles”.
Moreover the team of volunteers who were involved in the clean-up activity
removed two tonnes of plastics, several items and accessories used in
performing rituals, besides two tonnes of leftover food. Manikandan said “The
following week when ‘Aadi Ammavasai’ is observed, we hope devotees do not
pollute the water body and additionally, it would be nice if the panchayat
lends a helping hand”.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?