According to sources shortly after ‘Aadi Perukku’ festival on Friday, when hundreds of devotees had thronged the Noyyal River in Perur and made offerings to the water body as per traditional customs, a city based NGO cleaned up the mess left behind by the festivities on Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile the NGO, ‘Kovai Kulangal Padhukaapu Amaippu’ took note that the river was polluted and without wasting any time swung into action to clean the water body.
Furthermore as many as 50 volunteers gathered at 6 am and began cleaning the river at Perur and it’s surrounding areas in a day long effort. The NGO organizer R Manikandan said “As many as 50,000 people visited the place on the stated auspicious day and made a variety of offerings that included a mix of plastic, apparels, food delicacies among others. Meanwhile a few of them even left food items in the area that surrounds the water body and also along the flight of stairs that ends in the river and it is painful to see that food prepared at home was left in the open and run over by vehicles”.
Moreover the team of volunteers who were involved in the clean-up activity
removed two tonnes of plastics, several items and accessories used in
performing rituals, besides two tonnes of leftover food. Manikandan said “The
following week when ‘Aadi Ammavasai’ is observed, we hope devotees do not
pollute the water body and additionally, it would be nice if the panchayat
lends a helping hand”.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code