New Delhi sources stated that Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. Sitharaman told startups in this tech hub “We (Ministry of Defense) want you to provide Indian solutions to problems faced by the armed forces and by in-digenization, India doesn't need to import many of the products that we do".
She said "India wants its sectors disrupted through technological advancements," at the launch of "Defense India Startup Challenge", a national contest for startups to develop arms and technologies for the defense sector. Meanwhile the minister added the “Indigenization has been a priority for India, however, we did not indigenize sufficiently enough", further addressing a gathering of 200 startups, incubators and defense officials at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Convention Centre in the city centre.
Moreover through the contest, startups, small and medium sized enterprises
(SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11
different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by
the armed forces. An official statement said “The contest is in line with the
Innovations for Defense Excellence (IDEX) scheme announced by Prime Minister
Narendra Modi earlier in April during Defense Expo in Chennai, to promote
innovation and entrepreneurship in defense sector”.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India