New Delhi sources reported that the UIDAI said vested interests used Google's "inadvertent" act on its helpline number to create fear and tarnish the image of Aadhaar. Meanwhile the UIDAI also emphasized that a number stored in the contact list cannot steal data from a mobile phone.
Accordingly the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) said rumor mongers attempted to tarnish the image of Aadhaar for an inadvertent mistake of Internet major Google that led to the appearance of its old helpline number 1800 300 1947 in the contact list of several mobile phone users. The authority said "UIDAI condemns the vested interests who tried to misuse Google's "inadvertent" act as an opportunity to spread rumors and go around fear-mongering against Aadhaar”.
Moreover the Google had admitted that the number
18003001947 was added by it 'inadvertently' along with police and fire number
112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism. Further UIDAI
said that it has earlier clarified and emphasized that it has not asked any
agency whatsoever to include its helpline number in the mobile phones and also
added that merely adding a phone number cannot steal data in the phone.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar