Accordingly Karunanidhi Family is an Indian political family which has been dominant in the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for most of Tamilnadu's history since the late 1960s. Meanwhile M. Karunanidhi has been CM of Tamilnadu for five terms and the DMK party leader from 1968. Furthermore Dayanidhi Maran has been the union cabinet minister for two terms, once as a Minister of Information and Technology and once as a Minister of Textiles.
Moreover M.K. Stalin has been a four time MLA in Tamilnadu Legislative assembly and a onetime deputy Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. Secondly M.K. Alagiri is the Minister of Chemicals in the central cabinet and also the co-ordinator for South Tamilnadu for DMK. Next Kanimozhi is a nominated Member of the Parliament in Rajya Sabha. As per report Kalanidhi Maran is the owner of the Sun Network, the second largest TV network in India and also Sun Pictures, a Tamil movie production company. The fourth generation of the family comprising Arivunithi, Dayanidhi Azhagiri, Udhayanidhi Stalin and Arulnithi are involved in Tamil cinema industry.
Further with large presence of the family members
both in the central government and state government has led to the topic of
political nepotism. Moreover two of the family members, Kanimozhi and Dayanidhi
Maran had been charged by CBI for their alleged involvement in
the 2G Spectrum Case. Finally the fourth generation of the family is
accused of using political clout in their favor in the Tamil cinema industry
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall