According to sources Alappuzha's star granny and the oldest student in the district's literacy mission, Karthyayini Amma, wrote her life’s first ever exam at 96, and scored full marks in her reading test. Meanwhile the exam was conducted on Sunday and Sathi, her teacher coordinator added that Karthyayini Amma was calm and confident as she entered the exam hall in Cheppad's Kanichenellur government Lower Primary School in Alappuzha.
Moreover the nonagenarian was writing the 4th standard equivalency course under the Kerala Literacy Mission's Aksharalaksham scheme. The coordinator told "There were 45 students, who wrote the exam, and she was the oldest in the hall and moreover the exam had three sections 30 marks for reading, 40 for written Malayalam and 30 marks for maths. Amma scored full marks, 30 on 30, in the reading section". Furthermore according to reports, over 45,000 senior citizens from across Kerala wrote the Literacy Mission's test this year.
Further Karthyayini Amma enrolled with the Literacy
Mission in January this year and she will enter class four next year after qualifying
the written test. Moreover the 96 year old was tutored in Malayalam and math
for over six months to take the exam. Lekha Raju, Karthyayini Amma teacher and
next door neighbor would come to Karthyayini Amma's house to take classes.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open