The ruling AIADMK party had refused to allow Karunanidhi's memorial at Marina, citing high court cases, and had allocated a 2 acre land near Gandhi Mandapam in Chennai. Earlier, by today noon itself, MK Stalin and senior members of DMK had met the Tamilnadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to request government honors for the ex chief minister of Tamilnadu Karunanidhi and also to have his memorial at Marina.
However post the denial by AIADMK, there was a social media outrage and violence at places in Tamilnadu and following these developments, Superstar Rajinikanth had took it to his Twitter account expressing that he sincerely requests the Tamilnadu government to take all efforts to offer a place for Karunanidhi's memorial near Anna memorial at Marina, stating that it is the rightful respect we give for the great man.
It must be noted that despite the
case, former chief minister Jayalalitha had her memorial to be installed at Marina,
with an exception by the High court.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open