Chennai sources added that hundreds of people queued up outside Rajaji Hall here on Wednesday morning to pay their last respect to former Tamilnadu chief minister M Karunanidhi who died on Tuesday evening due to age-related ailments. Meanwhile Lawyer of petitioner Traffic Ramaswamy says 'We have no objection to the burial land for Karunanidhi' and acting Chief Justice says to the lawyer 'Withdraw your case'.
Accordingly Madras high court dismisses petitions filed by Traffic Ramaswamy, K Balu & Duraisamy challenging construction of memorials at Marina beach. Meanwhile the Madras High Court on Wednesday morning has started hearing on the DMK's plea against Tamilnadu's government's decision to deny burial of the party President M. Karunanidhi's body at Marina Beach.
after hearing the plea late Tuesday night, the court directed the state
government and the Chennai Corporation to file their replies and adjourned the
case to Wednesday morning 8 a.m. reports added at the hearing the state
government had opposed the allotment of space at Marina Beach for burial of
Karunanidhi's body. Earlier on Tuesday, the DMK party and family members of
Karunanidhi had requested the state government for allotment of space near DMK
founder C.N. Annadurai's memorial at the Marina Beach.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week